Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a really easy and delicious recipe. I made this a few weeks ago and decided then and there to buy myself a wok. I have yet to try this with a wok but even if you don´t have one, it is still sensational. Easy to whip up and looks beautiful on a plate.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small strips or cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 150g raw almonds
- 200g chicken broth
- 100g soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- Olive oil or sunflower oil
- Put the pieces of chicken in a tupperware and pour the sugar and soy sauce over it. Cover it, give it a good shake and place it in the fridge for about three hours.
2. About 15 minutes before taking the chicken out of the fridge, toast the almonds in a pan. Just pour about half a tablespoon of sunflower oil in the frying pan and heat on low heat. Pour in the almonds and spread them evenly. They will start toasting fairly quickly so keep an eye on them. The smell of burnt almonds is awful so be careful! When they are ready, set them aside.
3. In the same frying pan, pour about a tablespoon of olive oil or sunflower oil and heat on medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and fry until transluscent. Set aside.
4. Take the chicken out of the fridge and drain the soy sauce mixture. Using the same frying pan as before, fry the chicken breast on low to medium heat. when you see that they are cooked through, add the vegetables and almonds and then pour in the chicken broth. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
5. In a small cup, mix the cornflour and water. Add it to the pan and gently nix through. Leave it to cook another 10 minutes or so until the sauce thickens.
Enjoy! xxxx Natascha