This is one of those recipes I got from my mom that I can always count on. Always. It is easy, quick and everybody loves it! I confess that I am quite keen on cheese. The French are brilliant because they include cheese as part of their meal. I remember visiting my family in France and they served cheese on a gorgeous cheese round at the end of the meal. Oh. My. God. My favourite was made with walnuts.
The French are brilliant. This recipe is a tribute to my beautiful mom who gave me this recipe and as a result saved my behind a more tan once when I was at a loss of what to do when guests were suddenly about to descend upon me, and a small nod to the French who make some serously gorgeous Brie and when it comes to food, know what they are doing!
A wedge or round of Brie cheese.
Melted butter (Enough to brush over the cheese evenly)
Peeled and sliced apple
Crackers or crusty bread
Preheat oven to about 220
- With a sharp knife, carefully scrape off the white part of the cheese as best you can. Don´t worry if you did not get all of it! Place it on a sheet of parchment paper
2. Brush the chese lightly with melted butter.
3. Decorate with the apple and brush the apple with a bit of butter.
4. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Don´t overdo it.
5. Place it on a baking tray (parchment paper included) and bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. All ovens are diifferent so you know it will be ready when it is beginning to lose its shape slightly. That is to say, the sides of the wedge or round are swelling slightly.
Take it out of the oven and leave it to set for about 5 minutes or so. Don´t serve it yet because the cheese will be too gooey and hard to slice. Let it set and serve!
You can also put slices of pear on top!
Enjoy! xxxxx Natascha