I am one of those people that likes soup any time of the year. I tried this recipe today and loved how simple and delicious it is. You can’t go wrong with asparagus but the addition of a touch of lemon juice, leeks and peas just make it perfect.
This serves 4 to 6 people
2 bunches of asparagus (500 g)
1 shallot, chopped
1 small leek, chopped
100 grams peas
1 small peeled potato, chopped
25 ml olive oil
Teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard them. Cut the leafy tips off and set them aside. Cut the remainder of the asparagus in smaller pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil on low medium in a large pot. When the oil is heated add the leek and shallot. Stir gently until slightly transluscent.
3. Add the pieces of asparagus ( not the tips), peas and potato. Add a bit of salt and stir gently for a few minutes. Add the water and cover for 10 minutes. Lower the heat if necessary.
4. Add the asparagus tips. Cover and keep on low heat for another 10 minutes or so.
5. Transfer to a food processor to make it smooth.
6. Serve with a few drops of lemon juice on top.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android