I am always interested in finding new and yummy recipes for tapas. This recipe is from Nigella Lawson and definitely does the trick. I added about a teaspoon of grated lemon rind for and added flavor, but you may find that unnecessary. Either way, a great tapa for any day of the week or for a get together.
- 200 grams canned tuna (in oil, drained)
- 125 grams butter (soft – not melted)
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (generous – to taste)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 63 grams capers (drained)
- In a food processor, blend together the tuna, butter, cayenne, pepper and 2 TBSP lemon juice. Stop and scrape down sides, process again. Taste, and add more lemon juice and cayenne if preferred.
- Add capers and process using pulse option, until just combined. If you are using large capers, blend them in fairly well. If using tiny capers, hold back about a tablespoon’s worth. Process the rest until just blended through, and then drop in the remaining tablespoon full, and just combine.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
- Cover with cling wrap, pressing onto the pate, and refrigerate for at least two hours for flavours to combine.
- Bring to room temperature so it’s softened, serve with crackers, lavish or crusty bread.
Enjoy! xxxx Natascha