This is a recipe that originally used beef but as I had a about a kilo of really good quality chicken breast I decided to use it instead. This is easy and cheap to do and I cooked it in my oven! It made 5 delicious skewers! I am planning to try this with beef as well. It t would be best on the grill but as I don´t have one and I live in a flat, I used my trusty little oven set at 250.
Adapted from Food.com
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breast, less than 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the chicken cubes in a medium bowl. Add the parsley and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil in a small glass bowl. Add the spices, vinegar & tomato paste, stir until well blended. Grate the onion & add it to the oil mixture.
- Stir in half the mixture in with the chicken until it is well coated. Cover with a lid & place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chicken on metal skewers, leaving a little gap between each piece. Brush the other half of the oil mixture on the chicken. Place on a baking pan that has been covered in foil. Grill on each side until the chicken is no longer pink inside, between 10-15 minutes. I left mine in the oven for about 20 minutes.