I think I am getting carried away by posting so many flan recipes but upon discovering how easy they are to make and how yummy they are, I just have to share them. They are cheap to make too! You don´t need a flan mold either. I happen to have one but you can use any good quality baking dish.
Preheat oven to 160
Half a liter of milk
120 grams sugar
120 grams liquid caramel
1 teaspoon vanilla
75 grams dark chocolate
1. Over very low heat, melt the chocolate in a small pot. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave but I prefer using the oven top.
2. Once melted, add the milk and sugar. Stir well until the sugar is disolved. Remove from heat.
3. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat well using a hand blender.
4. Drizzle the inside of your mold or baking dish with the liquid caramel.
5. Pour the egg mixture in.
6. Place the flan in a large casserole dish. Fill half the casserole dish with water. This is baking Bain Marie style!
6. Bake for about 60 minutes or so, or until the middle shows no sign of liquid. It should jiggle like jello. Mine took about an hour but yours could go faster depending upon the kind of baking mold you use.
Important! Wait until it cools down completely before removing it. Otherwise, it will break. You will need to loosen the sides with a knife in order to remove it. Once you have loosened the sides, place a plate over the flan and then carefully turn it over.