I love those recipes that are simple but taste so wonderful. Use any good quality cured ham. I used a Spanish Serrano ham.
4 thin chicken breasts
4 slices thinly sliced cured ham
About 1/4 cup grated Emmental or any good melting cheese you like
Dry white wine or vermouth
A sprinkling of thyme and oregano
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts and lay them on your work surface.
2. Arrange the ham slices on the breasts and sprinkle lightly with cheese. Roll them up and close them with a toothpick. I put them in the fridge for an hour or so to take shape.
3. Heat about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil ob medium heat in a frying pan. Place the chicken breasts in the pan and fry each side until golden. Sprinkle with thyme and oregano and add salt and pepper. Remove toothpicks.
4. Add the dry white wine or vermouth and lower the heat a bit. Cook for about 10 minutes more, turning over at least once. If your chicken breasts are thick, you may need to add a bit more water. I did not want all of the liquid to evaporate because it tasted so good. I used it to drizzle over the breasts.
5. Serve drizzled with the cooking liquid. I had tiny rice sized pasta and I drizzled a bit of cooking liquid over it. Yummy!
Enjoy! Xxxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android