One great thing about pork is that it is really versatile. It goes especially well with fruit, as in this recipe. This recipe is easy but tastes like something you would have in a fancy restaurant. This is not my recipe. I found it in a magazine that I used to buy called, Cocina Fácil. I made this today and really wowed my husband!
1 pork sirloin ( Mine about 400g)
1 ripe mango, seeded and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 heaping teaspoon Provençal herbs
75 ml whipping cream suitable for cooking
3 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 200°
1. Put the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. When it is hot, place the sirloin and fry on each side until golden.
2. Place in a roasting pan, season with Provençal herbs, salt and pepper.Cover it and bake for 20 minutes.
3. In the same frying pan that you fried the pork, fry the onion until transluscent on low to medium heat.About 7 to 8 minutes. Then add the mango. Stir for a minute or two and then add the cream. Lower the heat and stir occasionally until the liquid reduces. This takes about 10 minutes.
4. Place the mango sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Slice the pork.
6. Drizzle the pork with the sauce and serve.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android