The other day, I got this message from my blogger friend Mummyflowers ¨I hope you don´t mind but I find your blog to be an inspiration and have nominated you for the Starlight Bloggers Award¨
To be honest, I was pretty stunned because to think that I am inspiring anyone is just wonderful, even if it is in the smallest way. It is an unexpected recognition and really, all I can say is ¨Thank YOU!¨ For those of you who don´t know her, do check her out please!
Here are the questions I had to answer!
- If you had the chance to redo anything in your life, would you take the opportunity and what would it be?
Today is my 40th birthday and I can honestly say that there is nothing I would change. This is not to say that I have done everything right or have been the best person throughout my life. It means that I have learned by making mistakes too. Maybe things have more value now because I made mistakes. I love this quote by John Dewey that says exactly how I feel.
Today I made the decision of putting a crown on my head and having my first beer just before 12. Brilliant decison! (Although perhaps I should have taken off my crown when I answered the door to accept a parcel haha!)
The important thing is forgiving others as well as yourself and learning from mistakes.
- What or who makes you want to get up in a morning?
I am a practical person. Even when I don´t feel like getting up during the week, I know that I have a job to do and it has to be done. I don´t mind working and enjoy what I do. When I am on holidays, and today is my first day of holidays, I love getting up and just doing what I feel like doing!
- What are you proudest of?
That is a tough question but maybe my education. My father always encouraged me to chase my dreams but he told me to get an education, a valuable education and that would be my ticket to chasing them. I loved going to university and when I had my degree, I felt like I was on top of the world! My father told me that the value of education depended upon what I put into it. If I put my heart into it, I would learn. Nobody could take that away from me. Years later, I still think of his words and even when I am attacking a recipe that I am intimidated by, I still go for it!
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 questions given to you.
- Please pass the award on to 6 or more other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog please never alter the logo and never change the rules.
- This Award is created to highlight and promote Inspiring Bloggers
- Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers and pass on the award! This is hard to do. There are so many more than 6 that I enjoy reading, but all of these 6 are the ones that inspire me more than others.
- You are not required to participate. If you choose not to participate, don´t worry! 🙂
The questions for my nominees:
What do you think is your best quality?
What is your dream destination?
Who or what inspires you?
Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from Yesterday After is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Take care everyone, and thanks for reading xxxxx