This recipe tastes great, is easy to do and is pretty to look at! Oh..and it is cheap to make! What is not to love?:)
2 medium eggplants
2 medium tomatoes
8-10 thin slices of a good melting cheese, such as Mozzarella
Grated cheese (I used a mixture of Mozzarella and Emmental)
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven 220°
1. Slice the eggplants thinly, about half a centimeter thick.
2. Arrange them on a baking tray or other flat surface and sprinkle them with salt. Leave them for half an hour or so and then pat them dry.
3. Slice the tomatoes about half a centimeter thick.
4. Put about two tablespoons of oil in a medium frying pan and heat it on medium heat Fry the eggplant slices on each side for about one minute. When done, arrange them on a plate thatchas been covered with a paper towel.
5. When done frying the eggplants, fry the tomato slices on each side for about 30 seconds. Add oil as needed.
6. Now start layering. Start with an eggplant slice, then tomato, the cheese and then the basil. Repeat. There were three of each ingredient in each millefeuille.
7. When finished layering, sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for about 10 minutes in the oven.
Before going into the oven.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android