A great thing about blogging, besides the interesting things you can learn or share, is the interesting people you meet. I have been pretty lucky because my blogging friends are friendly and suppoortive. A good majority are women and when another woman takes thetime to nominate you for an award that is specifically considering women that is special. I have to thank Stephy over at Stephysweetbakes for thinking of me. This is my second nomination and it is just as special as the first. If you have not seen her blog before, do stop by. There is a little bit of everything there and it is as lovely as she is. I am nominating ten more people but nobody is obligated to participate. This is just for fun and those I nominate should know that I am by no means offended if they choose not to participate. I just want them to know that I noticed their great work and enjoy their blogs! I should also thank all of you who stop by my blog or who follow me. 😘😍❤😙
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, including a link back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions the blogger has sent you.
4. Create ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people of your own. (You can notify them to make them aware)
Here were my ten questions I was asked to answer
1. Name one thing about yourself that you wish you could change.
Well I think the thing I would change is the thing that people say they like most about me. I can´t hide my emotions. I am usually honest about my feelings. (I say ¨usually¨ because all of us have to hold back what we really feel sometimes.) A case in point happened not long ago at work. I teach first graders and I had to deliver some very sad news to them. Their main teacher and his wife were expecting a baby and their baby died at birth. I had to look at those little faces and tell them that the baby they were hoping to one day meet had died. I think, in all my life, that was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I told them that God loved the little boy so much that he just couldn´t wait to be with him, so he called him straight to heaven. I don´t remember all the words I said but I remember their little faces, their shock, their sadness and their confusion. I thought of my poor colleague holding his newborn baby in his arms and his sorrow and in that moment, I began to cry. I apologised to them, and they said nothing but I knew they understood. Sometimes, I look back and wish I could have been a bit stronger and hold back my emotions but, what is done is done.
2. If you had a choice of either going to your dream destination or meeting a celebrity that you adore, which would you pick?
There are no celebrities that I actually adore. I admire a few for their talents but have no interest in meeting them. I would prefer to be on holiday with people I actually love and making my own memories.
3. You find out you have 10 days to live, name 3 dreams you would fulfill before then.
In those ten days, I would just be with my family. I can´t imagine stressing myself in order to accomplish a dream. Being surrounded by people who love you and having internal peace has to be the best gift I could ask for. A glass of champagne or two wouldn´t hurt either.
4. You see someone being threatened and in danger (you know martial arts and are pretty darn good at it), do you help them and step in with your skill to defend them OR do you call 911 and go about your business?
Call 911. I am not brave at all in cases like this.
5. You have three functions to attend in one day:
A) Your friend’s wedding (not best friend)
B) Your grandpa’s birthday smash
C) Your boss’s motivation meeting where you can earn back his good side after messing up at work.
Option A. I don´t like going to weddings. I always feel socially awkward going to places where I know just a few people and feel pressured to socialise.
Option C. Speaking from the point of view of my own work situtation, I would avoid this meeting like the plague. Once you start dedicating any personal time to get back on a boss´ good side, that is when you give up your independence. I try to leave work exactly where it should be. A teacher´s job is emotionally and physically draining. (Incidentally, hiding one´s emotions is imperative, especially when you hear parents making excuses for their child´s behaviour or failing an exam. Even better is when people who are not native English speakers or don´t speak a word of English try to question YOUR teaching and accent. Highly amusing.) Distance is important. I know well enough the kind of employee I am. I also know that if you give an inch, people will take a mile. That is a common work ethic. So, I would do everything I can to correct my mistake but stay away from dedicating my free time to correcting it.
Option B. I never really knew my grandparents. How I would have loved to have known them better. People are on this earth for a short time. Love them. Be with them. Let them know they are important to prevent any regret. I would spend time with my grandfather if I could. Just sit, back and have a birthday beer and a good laugh!
6. You have a family gathering at your house going down tomorrow and have alot to get done, do you call in a friend’s help that owes you, or do you do it yourself and save that favor for another time when you may need it more?
Really, I would do it myself.I work pretty well under pressure. It is better I am left alone.
7. It’s pouring rain outside, which do you prefer, reading, sleeping, or watching tv?
A combination of all three would be perfect.
8. If you had one celebrity, dead or alive, that you could meet in person and have a conversation with, who would you pick?
Julia Child. I would just thank her for bringing more joy in my life with her recipes and enthusiasm.
9. What’s your favorite color?
Cannot pick just one! Pink, purple and lavender. (Seriously, are these Barbie colours or what?) I am not wild about white. When I see all white living rooms and kitchens, I get nervous.
10. Who is your biggest support in life?
My husband and my parents.
And now for my nominees
Here are my 10 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
3 .Using three words, how would you describe yourslef?
4. What book or story did you like most as a child?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What is an accomplishement that you are very proud of?
7. Which describes you best?
A. Without order, there is disorder, and hence, chaos.
B. There is order in my disorder.
C. A little of both, dpending on the day.
8. What makes you laugh?
9. If you could go back in time, where would you go?
10. Name one thing that you could not live without (Excluding the mobile phone ;))