This really is a Spanish recipe because it includes pimientos del piquillo. What are they? I had never heard of them until I came to Spain. This is what they look like:
And they are roasted, skinned and then preserved in oil and sometimes garlic.
They are unique in that they are sweet but have a fantastic smoky flavour.
They are often served as a tapa, stuffed with cheese or fish. They really are yummy and with chicken they are fantastic. Here is the recipe!
500 grams chicken fillets
200 grams pimientos del piquillo in oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
100 ml dry white wine or vermouth
Salt and pepper
1. Drain the peppers well and chop them.
2. Rinse and dry the breasts well with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper on each side and then coat each side lightly with flour. I put flour on a plate and then coated each side.
3. Heat the oil on medium heat im a frying pan and tgen fry the breadts on each side. When ready, set them aside. Keep the oil in the pan and lower the heat.
4. Put the garlic in the oil and fry until transluscent. Then add the peppers and fry for a few more minutes. Add the wine or vermouth.
5. Increase the heat to medium and add the chicken. Keep it at this temperature until nearly all the alcohol evaporates.
6. Serve the breasts with the peppers on top and with parsley.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android