This recipe is so simple and so good. I have a weakness for goat cheese, eggplant and red pepper do perhaps I am a bit biased. Enjoy with a glass of pink Lambrusco if you are feeling especially naughty. 👍;)👍
1 medium eggplant
1/2 cup diced red pepper
75 gr goat cheese, chopped or crumbled
3 large eggs or 4 large ones
1 large garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper
1. Rinse the eggplant and slice it finely. Arrange the slices on a baking tray and sprinkle them with salt. This helps them to release excessive liquid and to remove their bitterness. Leave them for about half an hour and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. In about a tablespoon of olive oil, gently fry the red pepper on low heat. After about 5 minutes, add the minced garlic and fry until transluscent. Remove the peppers and garlic from the frying pan and set aside. Keep any extra oil in the frying pan.
3. In the same frying pan, add the sliced eggplant and fry until soft on low to medium heat. Stir frequently to fry evenly.
4. Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add any seasoning you like. Now add all the veggies and cheese. Stir until well combined.
5. Coat the frying pan with a thin layer oil and heat on low heat.
6. Add the egg and veggie mixture and flatten into the pan.
7. When about 95 % solid, you need to do the flip. It will be a bit liquidy in the middle. Place a plate over the pan,flip the pan over and then slide the tortilla into the pan again on the side that is still a bit liquidy in the middle. Fry on low heat for another minute or two and then repeat the flipping procedure with the plate. It sounds hard, but is not. Honestly!
8. Serve hot or cold.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android