This flan really is fantastic. And yes, it is simple. It is even simpler if you are patient. This takes a bit of time if you include the baking time and chilling time but seriously, who cares? It is easy and tastes heavenly, especially when well chilled!
370 g condensed milk
370 g coconut milk
200g grated dry coconut
Liquid caramel (I used a bottled kind but you can make it yourself too.)
Preheat oven to 175°
Lightly oil a flan mold with sunflower oil. ( Important. This will help the flan to fall out as well as to maintain its beautiful shape)
1. Mix all the first four ingredients in a blender until thick and well incorporated.
2. Drizzle the inside of the flan mold with the liquid caramel. Include the sides. Just how much you use is up to you. I use about 3/4 of a cup.Pour in the flan mixture.
3. Place in the oven to bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. When it is ready, it will jiggle a bit like jello. Test doneness with a knife. There should be no liquid.
4. Let cool and place in the fridge to chill completely. At least a few hours! The flan does not maintain its shape or fall out easily when its still warm! 👍
5. When chilled, you loosen the edges of the flan slightly with a knife. Place a plate on the flan and turn the whole thing over. The flan will fall out easily! Yes, really!
6. Decorate as you like. I put cherries for colour!
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha
Posted from WordPress for Android