I am not super keen on sweet things but when I see the posts on from my blogger friend Jane over at http://janespatisserie.com, I go a little bananas. It is hard not to! I made these for my husband and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets haha! She used Ferrero Rocher in her recipe but since they are out of season these days I used Toblerone. Pure decadence but now and then…why not?;)
This recipe makes 25 squares of fudge
– 1x 397g can condensed milk
– 300g milk chocolate, chopped/chips (I used dark chocolate)
– 200g Nutella
– 25g butter (can be salted)
– 80g icing sugar, sifted
– Chopped up 10-12 Ferrero Rocher – Optional! [I used about 8 triangles of chopped Toblerone]
1) Line a tin with parchment paper – I use a 7″/20cm square tray as it makes a nice depth of fudge
2) Put the chopped chocolate into a heavy based pan, along with all of the condensed milk, Nutella, and butter – melt on a low heat, stiring often so that the chocolate doesn’t just get stuck on the bottom and burn
3) Once melted, tip in the icing sugar and combine well – it make take a bit of beating. If using, stir in the chopped up Ferrero Rocher now! Pour into the tin – smooth over the mixture and store in the fridge for an 2 hours to set!
4) After about two hours or so, remove from the tin and cut into the squares, return to the fridge for another couple of hours to finish setting.
Posted from WordPress for Android