I have always liked Martha Stewart. No matter what, when it comes to cooking she knows what she is doing. This recipe is no exception.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 6 tuna steaks (1/2 inch thick), cut from the narrow end of the loin
Coarsely chop garlic. Scatter mint and parsley over garlic, and continue to chop until mixture is minced together. Transfer mixture to a small bowl; stir in lemon juice and vinegar. Stir in oil to form a slightly thick paste; set aside.
(I let it marinade for several hours).
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; generously scatter sea salt and olive oil in bottom. Add fish to skillet. Cook, turning once, until fish is opaque and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter; spoon mint sauce on top. Serve with more sauce on the side.
Enjoy! Xxxx Natascha